The shirts cotton garments are usually not lacking in our closet. They combine very well with most jeans and, in fact, can be worn with skirts for a more daring style. However, because of the wear of the fabric, or because they have lost color, we almost always stop using them after a while, replacing them with new ones.
The good news is that we don’t have to keep them stored without any use, let alone throw them away because their material is quite useful. With a little time and creativity, these can be transformed into interesting accessories and crafts that we can reuse at any time. Do you dare to try?
1. Supermarket bags
It is time to stop using supermarket bags of plastic material. Cloth bags are the eco-friendly trend that, in a short time, will replace that polluting material that has done so much damage to the environment. However, instead of buying a manufactured one, what do you think if you better use the fabric of your old shirts to make one? Too easy!
- Cut the sleeves of the shirt, join the bottom parts with your sewing machine and, if you like, widen the neck for easy storage.
- Of course, you have the freedom to cut the fabric in other ways. It all depends on your creativity.
In the market, we find many types of hair bands that allow us to complement our hairstyles or change the look. However, by dedicating a few minutes to the crafts, we can make a very nice one taking advantage of the cotton fabric of the shirts.
- Cut a part of the shirt, fold it and make several strips.
- Then, join them with a braid or in knots.
- Adjust the size to make it ideal for your head.
Although it is a little discolored or worn, the fabric of the shirts is fine and manageable for the elaboration of cushions. You can cut them in the way you like best and you just have to join them with the sewing machine. Then you can put them in your furniture, pet bed or wherever you prefer.
- Find different forms of cushions, trace the mold and assemble them.
- You can fill them with cotton, scraps or any soft material.
You don’t have to spend large sums of money on pretty scarves to change your look . If you spend a little time you can turn your old shirt into this fabulous accessory.
5. Carpets made of t-shirts
The carpets made with t-shirts are ideal for the entrances of the rooms or the feet of the bed. It is a very old craft that you probably saw grandmothers do. Therefore, cut the shirts into small pieces and join them until you have an abundant carpet.
Cutting several strips of the fabric of the cotton T – shirts is the main step to make an interesting and beautiful belt. You can use it to adjust your pants or as a support for your wallets and bags. Make a braid with the strips of shirts and then put a buckle on it.
Tired of staining your clothes when you’re cooking? Take out those t-shirts that you no longer wear and cut out some nice and useful aprons.
- Use the front part to cut the shape of the apron and, with the remaining fabric, put the tie straps and pockets .
- If you like, you can put buttons or decorative prints.
8. Sports top
If you are good with the sewing machine, you probably want to transform all your shirts into a comfortable sports top.
- Make a pattern on a sheet of paper, trace it on the fabric and cut it.
- Be sure to leave excess fabric for seams and sew it.
9. Cleaning cloths
The simplest use! If you want to quickly recycle these garments, and save money, turn them into cleaning cloths. The material of these is fine, absorbent and ideal for removing dust and other substances. You can use them in the rooms, the bathroom and the kitchen.
- Cut the shirts into squares or rectangles and, if you like, sew the edges so they don’t get damaged so quickly.
Now that you know how to extend the useful life of those shirts that you no longer wear, test your creativity and elaborate these interesting crafts. You will love the results!